Episode 12 of #runchatlive brings you ‘THE RUNNER’S GUIDE TO GAIT ANALYSIS’ with special guest Nick Knight, sports podiatrist & gait analyst at NKSportsPodiatry. Together we consider some of the preconceived ideas many runners have regarding what gait analysis is for, and seek evidence based answers to questions such as:
- what is gait analysis actually used for?
- can gait analysis help runners select the right shoe?
- what sort of movements are associated with running related injury?
- can gait analysis be used to improve running performance?
- what are some of the other factors considered during a gait analysis?
- how important are factors such as flexibility and strength?
As always, good old fashioned EVIDENCE is our guide, so expect some BOMBSHELLS as we clear up common misconceptions and separate fact from the all too common twaddle.
Please, please LIKE and SHARE this post if you find it useful! Our mission via these broadcasts is to dispel certain running myths & misconceptions out there and help YOU all reduce injury and improve performance. But we need YOU to do the sharing. Thanks in advance and enjoy!
Join Us For The Next Live Broadcast!
RunChatLive goes out at 9.30am on our Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/runchatlive. To join us, all you need is Facebook and you are welcome to jump in and ask questions. If you miss the live broadcast, fear not as the recording becomes available soon after to our YouTube channel (link on this website too). For details of upcoming episodes, be sure to follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
If there are any running related topics you would like us talk about on RunChatLive, feel free to add them in the comments section below!